The JLT is a key component of “student voice” at Yavneh College. There is a JLT for each year group, led by one member of the senior prefect team. Each form group elects two members to represent them throughout the year.
Meetings (40 minutes) are held once a half term and the minutes from each meeting are shared with the Head of Sixth Form and then discussed with the senior leadership team.
The agenda for each meeting is shared a week in advance with the JLT members so they have an opportunity to discuss and consult with their form group. All members of the JLT are also welcome to raise their own issues to discuss as well as the set items on the agenda.
The JLT also have met with the catering company several times in the last year to gain feedback and suggestions regarding lunches.
As well as providing valuable feedback to the senior leadership team, over the last few years JLT has contributed to a number of changes across the school.
- Staggered lunches for different year groups
- Late starts (Year 12 and 13)
- PSHCE sessions/topics
- “Meat Free Fridays”
- Individual recycling bins for plastic bottles
- Year 7 “help desk” run by Year 12 prefects
- New tables for Sixth Form Café and Workroom
- New water fountains
- New picnic benches
- Additional vegetarian and vegan options in the school canteen
- Summer dress code for Sixth Form students