6 week Krav Maga Couse for Year 7 Students
CST (on behalf of Streetwise) are running a 6 week Krav Maga course for year 7 students.
The course covers the following:
- Explaining and discussing as a group about what they should be aware of when walking from home to school
- Things to look for
- Things to avoid
- How to ask for help
- How to defend yourself if no choice (using Krav Maga)
- How to get away from tricky situations and a lot more.
An integral part of the course are mini scenarios, where we recreate real life situations to allow the children to be prepared for the wider world.
The Course also involves physical activity based on the principles of Krav Maga. A key element of the course is to instil self-discipline into the participants, so that they know only to use their knowledge of Krav Maga as the last resort in order to defend themselves.
- Learning how to strike (punches, kicks etc)
- Learning how to block and defend against someone who intentionally wants to hurt or bully.
- Learning to defend against weapons
- How to use their voice (calling for help)
- Confidence building – learning how to handle aggressive people